Thursday, December 22, 2011

The Pixie cut

Talking about hairstyles, growing up I have always always had a "Boy cut" (as my classmates would call it) or if you like, the "Princess Diana cut" (as my mom would fondly refer to it as). It was some thing I hated and promised myself that once I grow-up I will have my hair long and flowy and allow myself all the girly pleasures of 'The Tresses'.

I did pretty well sticking to my promise but I have to admit that some where deep down I am drawn back to my childhood's "Pixie cut" (that's what I would like to call it!). Every time I see someone adorn that look, I smile in admiration for her confidence. Its edgy, chic and yet so adorable.

British super model Twiggy blazed the trail for the Pixie hairstyle and since then there has been no looking back.

Twiggy's adorable Pixie

Rihana, Kiera Knightly and from the blogger community Karla (Karla's closet) totally own this look.

Rihana's sexy Pixie

Kiera's carefree Pixie

Karla's statement Pixie
I always believed that you need to have a great jawline or atleast one striking feature (eyes or lips) to sport this hairstyle. 
But check out the Genifer Goodwin. Not to say she doesn't have great features but with her roundish heart shaped face cut I think it takes courage to go for for a hairstyle like this but boy she made it work!


  
She looks so innocent and cute! Aah the many sides of the Pixie...

Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. might try this one...next summer!!!

    my fav is always twiggie!!

    http://sushmita-smile.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sushmita! I just checked out your profile pic and I think the Pixie will definitely suit you! Go for it and keep me posted when you do so :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I dont think Genifer Goodwin looks good on this, actually every time I wan to go for a Pixie hair, I looked up in the internet and she always comes in my search, and is terrifying. All I see on her is her big ears... and a square head. Sorry, but i think she would look better in long hair

    ReplyDelete