Friday, December 23, 2011

Holiday Shimmer

The Holidays are here and its time to bring out the shimmer, sequin and shine! A lot of our Indian outfits usually tend to have a fair amount of zari, sequin, beading etc. to satisfy our need to glitter on occasions during the year. The holidays ( Christmas and New Years), though are that time of the year when wearing sequin is almost like a tradition here in the US of A.

However much I love the glitz one has to learn to tame it (glitz-tame...sounds like an oxymoron :)). Its easy to get carried away but knowing where to draw the line is what distinguishes a fab glam from a drag queen.

Check out a sequin outfit I put together for a party I attended recently. I went easy on the accessories (with a pair of dangling diamond-pearl earrings) and wore a set of cobalt blue suede shoes to add a pop of color. The rest of the outfit stays neutral with safe shades of dark gray and black.


The silvery-white pouch was to dump my cellphone, hair brush, chapstick and the works,  else if I had my way I would totally skip a purse.  I tried to avoid a clutch because its such a pain dancing with it so atleast with this one I was semi hands-free.



I am still working on getting better pictures but I hope you can see the little bit of what is visible of the earrings.

Gray sequin top: Forever21.com ($20)
Black skinny pants: Black Skinny pants: Papaya (Sale: around $10) seen here as well.
Cobalt blue suede shoes: Primark, London
Shimmer pouch bag: Gift
Earrings: Gift

HAPPY HOLIDAYS everyone!



2 comments: